FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a discounted hotel room rate for conference attendees?
- JBC Summit has reserved a limited number of hotel rooms at the Westin Chattanooga for attendees. Reservation information coming soon.
- Where should I park?
- Westin Chattanooga offers valet parking. There is also paid parking on surrounding streets and across from the Westin in the public parking garage.
- Where will the meeting take place inside the hotel?
- We have reserved the large ballroom space as well as several smaller breakout rooms on the first floor of the Westin. Enter the main front doors of the hotel, walk through the lobby and you will see the JBC Summit registration table. There will be a map of the facility provided at registration.
- Where is the Westin Chattanooga?
- The Westin Chattanooga is in the heart of the West Village in Downtown Chattanooga. Easy access from US-27 at the Carter St. or MLK exits. There are a number of restaurants, bars, and shops on the streets surrounding the hotel or short walking distance. Free trolley service is available downtown to many nearby attractions such as the waterfront, Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga Whiskey, Southern Belle, and more.
- The address is 801 Pine Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37402
REGISTRATION FOR 2020 JBC SUMMIT IS NOT YET OPEN. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON
- What are the rates to attend the JBC Summit?
- Early bird: Physicians/NP/AMA credits – coming soon
- Early bird: Techs/Nurses/Non-AMA credits – coming soon
- Students: coming soon
- I can only attend one day of the conference, is there a reduced rate?
- Yes, you may attend Friday or Saturday and pay 50% of the regular rate.
- One day Early bird: Physicians/NP – coming soon
- One day Early bird: Non-Physicians – coming soon
- What methods of payment are accepted?
- Credit cards or check
- Complete registration information, then choose the invoice option to pay by check
- You’ll be taken to a new page where you can click “view invoice” or “view full order confirmation receipt” to view, download and print your invoice
- Mail the invoice and check to:
- University Surgical Associates, ATTN: Gina Halenar, 979 E. 3rd St, Suite C-320, Chattanooga, TN 37403
- I want to register a group of coworkers and pay using one credit card. Can I do this?
- Yes! Select “registration” on the home page of the website.
- Select the quantity of tickets for each level and click “Submit”
- Type your name and company address in Attendee #1 section.
- For all other attendees type their names, roles, email addresses and phone numbers in the following attendee spaces
- After finalizing registration, choose invoice to pay by check and paypal to pay using credit card
- What happened to the Thursday evening session?
- Because many people travel on Thursday, we decided to remove that session from the program.
- Is food included in registration fees?
- A breakfast buffet, hot lunch buffet, snacks, and beverages are provided Friday and Saturday. Buffets will provide vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. There is also a cocktail/networking reception Friday immediately following the Friday session. If you have special food allergies or needs, please email Bettina.McAlister@universitysurgical.com.
- Do I have to select breakout sessions before the Summit?
- No! We are offering more breakout sessions and times this year, and we are not requiring pre-registration for them. Simply show up and attend the breakout sessions you want to!
- How many credit hours could I receive during the JBC Summit? INFORMATION COMING SOON
You must attend all general sessions, and all available breakout sessions for your category to be eligible for all offered credits.
- Up to ____ AMA credits if you attend all sessions
- Up to ____hours SVU credits if you attend all sessions
- Pending approval up to ___ AORN credits if you attend all sessions
- *AMA Credit Designation: The University of Tennessee College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of _____AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Continuing Education for Non-Physicians: Non-physicians can obtain continuing education credits for attending activities that award AMA Category 1 CreditsTM and other continuing medical education credits to physicians. Check with your licensure/certification board for confirmation. Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and University Surgical Associates. The University of Tennessee College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- *AORN: This activity has been submitted to the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses, Inc. for approval to award contact hours. The Association of periOperative Registered nurses, Inc. is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Activities that are approved by AORN are recognized as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the ANCC Commission on Accreditation approves or endorses any product included in the presentation.
- When will I receive confirmation of credit hours?
- You will receive an attestation form at registration, and will complete and turn it in at the registration table before you leave the summit. We will email the certificate approximately ten days after the summit.